Hair Care Tips
You must take good care of your hair extensions because if you neglect them very quickly, these glamorously beautiful extensions won’t look so nice anymore, and you will have to replace them.
It is highly suggested that you cowash your extensions before installation!!!
It is very important that you treat these extensions like it is your own hair. Ensure to use quality shampoo and conditioner to wash your extensions.
When washing and detangling your extensions, it is best to use a paddle brush or a wide tooth comb.
You can wash your extensions as much as you like. To maximize the life of your extension, it is recommended that you deep condition it at least once every 2 weeks.
Another way to ensure the longevity of your extension is to brush and or comb through it every morning. When combing, it is very important that you start from the ends and work your way up.
If you have a wavy texture hair, it is recommended that you brush and place it into a few large braids or flexi rods before bed.
If you have straight extensions, simply wrap your hair and place a silk scarf over it. This will help to maintain the moisture in your hair.
For all wavy and curly extensions, we highly recommend applying a leave in conditioner cream in the hair while it is wet.
When applying heat to your virgin and raw hair extensions, make sure you are always using a heat protectant.
How to Care Curly Hair
As curly hair requires product on a daily basis, it is best to wash the hair using the steps below at least once a week to avoid build up.
- Wet your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Part your hair into 2 sections.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner to both sections.
- Use a wide tooth comb starting from the bottom working your way to the top until all tangles are removed.
- Place a shower cap over your hair and leave the conditioner in the hair for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse the hair with cool water to lock in the moisture. Be sure to completely remove the conditioner and scrunch the hair when you are rinsing it out.
- Use a cotton towel or t-shirt to wrap the hair.
- Leave the towel or t-shirt on the hair until you think all excess water has been removed.
- Remove the towel or t-shirt and apply a leave in conditioner cream like Cantu Coconut Curling Cream.
- Leave the hair to air dry.
- Apply a heat protectant of your choice and style as desired
Shampoo is not necessary as it strips the hair of its nutrients.
Brushing Wet Hair Extensions
- To brush your hair while it’s wet, you should first towel dry it after washing. Please don’t rub it aggressively because this will cause it to tangle. Instead, tap it gently.
After you towel-dry the hair, apply some leave-in conditioner to it. The leave-in conditioner will make the hair soft and manageable.
Check if you have any knots by gently running your fingers through your extensions.
Now, part the hair into small sections and start detangling or brushing from the bottom to the top. Gently untangle it piece by piece. You should always hold the section of the hair you are brushing with one hand and continue brushing from bottom to top. Be patient, and you will have perfect detangled hair in no time!
Drying and Styling Hair Extensions
Drying Hair Extensions
While it is highly recommended to allow your hair extensions to air dry naturally, we understand that life happens, and sometimes you do not have the time. If you do not have the time to air dry your hair, applying a heat protectant and using a blow dryer at a low temperature to dry it is best.
However, please follow the steps below to get the glamorous hair you desire after drying with your blow dryer.
- Start by removing the moisture from the hair roots, where the extensions are attached.
Then, part your hair into four (4) sections separated by clips such as butterfly clips or so.
Take one section of the hair and place a round brush underneath it and the nozzle of the blow-dryer over the hair.
Ensure that the airflow from the blow dryer is facing down. The blow-dryer should follow the brush down to the ends of the hair.
Continue to do this until all four (4) sections of your hair are dry.
Styling Hair Extensions
Our hair extensions are either virgin or raw (actual) human hair, which can burn as easily as your own hair. Therefore, before styling your hair extensions with hot tools, you must use a heat protectant to prevent frizz and heat damage.
Set your curling or flat iron to about 350 or 400 degrees. Some hot tools can heat up to 500 degrees. This heat is not necessary for your natural hair or hair extensions. Also, while styling the hair, let the tool glide through the strands quickly to avoid scorching it instead of pausing your iron on a clamped section.